Summer - Create and Bounce Technology Camp
(ages 7 – 13)
Now, enrolling for Summer Camp!
Our unique Technology Camp features Robotics with LEGO® Mindstorms® and LEGO® Stop-motion animation. Learn to design, build and program robots! Campers work both individually and in small teams (2-3) using the Mindstorms® Robotics Kit* and participate in the various fun challenges. Our Technology Camp is a camp that gives children a daily balance of playtime and imagination! It is both FUN and EDUCATIONAL! It is a one-of-a-kind experience your child will never forget
CREATE AND BOUNCE TECHNOLOGY CAMP INCLUDES:
- Different projects each day
- Building LEGO® and programming workshops
- Fun science experiments
- Guest performer or special activity
- Daily snacks and treats
- Access to camp photos
- Ice cream party every Tuesday
- Pizza party every Thursday (campers bring a sack lunch M-T-W or can purchase pizza & drink for $5/child)
- Well trained staff of camp counselors
- Low staff-to-camper ratio 1:10
- Secure, climate-controlled facility
Camp Schedule: SUMMER 2014
|Date||Theme||Guest Performer/Special Activity|
- Rocket Race Car science experiment
- Amazing Animal World: Live amphibians and reptiles show
- Science experiments: superabsorbent polymers – the secret behind giant growing crocodile and lizard!
- Science experiment: Making a ‘Kryptonite’ ball
- Red, white, and blue snow cone & water games
- Hands-on rocket launch experiment
- Mad Science: Frozen! Sub-zero substances in action!
- Sound of science: experiment using sounds tube and lightening thunder tube
- Science experiment: Glow-in-the-dark slime!
|Remote Control Bots|
- A hands-on, live animal experience focusing on various rescue animals by Amazing Animal World & a local canine and feline rescue group
- Science experiment: Vortex action – Tornado!
- Water games & giant water slide!
- Color Science: experiments using rainbow wand and color mixing wheel
*Guest performers, science experiments, and special activities are subject to change without notice
Each week is 4 days (Mon – Thu)
Time: 9:15 am – 2:15 pm
FREE early drop off available starting at 8:30 am.
Additional after camp hours (until 5:30 p.m.) available for modest additional charge, ask for details!
Cost: $159/child for each week, $149 for sibling or for each additional week if paid at the same time as the first child's enrollment. BEST DEAL: Enroll for 3 weeks of camp and get the 4th week for only $109! ** All 4 weeks of camp must be for the same child.
Pizza and drink for lunch also available Mon - Wed for only $5/child (must order 24 hours in advance). We will provide pizza for free every Thursday.
Ages:7 – 13
Sample Daily Schedule for Create and Bounce Technology Camp
** Schedule is subject to change without notice
|9:15 am – 9:30 am || Check in & Ice breaker activities
|9:30 am – 11:30 am || LEGO® Workshop #1 (Build and Design) & snacks
|11:30 am – 12:15 pm ||Bounce & Games
|12:15 pm – 12:45 pm || Lunch
|12:45 pm – 1:30 pm || LEGO® Workshop #2 (Programming), Challenges, and Play
|1:30 pm – 2:15 pm|| Bounce and Games
Watch Create & Bounce Camp on Good Day Sacramento!
Space is extremely limited (we will only take max of 26 kids per day)
Call to reserve a spot for your child today!
* LEGO® and Mindstorms® are trademarks of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this camp.